Don’t be fooled by the sun shining and the warmer temperatures, according to the Punxsutawney Phil we have six more weeks of winter! When you stay inside, it forces you to become less active and eat foods to “warm” you up. Without the right and healthy food choices you may pack on a few extra unwanted pounds. If you’re at our NOMA location, take a ride on the elevator to the café for a nutritional and inexpensive meal. If you like to bring your meals to work with you, try considering the following options:
- Oatmeal – Start your day with a tasty and warm bowl of oatmeal packed with nutrients to keep you feeling full and energized
- Dark Chocolate – satisfy your cravings without consuming too many calories
- Squash – High in vitamins A and which can help you fight off some chronic illnesses
- Cauliflower – Broccoli’s sister is high in fiber and low in calories
- Sweet Potatoes – High in fiber and keeps you feeling full longer
- Dark Leafy Greens – Kale, Mustard, Collard greens are high in vitamins A, C, and K. They are also an excellent source of folate for expectant mothers.